Promotion & Education
Promotion & Education
The Montana Farm Bureau Federation Promotion & Education (P&E) Committee includes both men and women farmers and ranchers, agricultural business professionals, and persons invested in agriculture. Individuals are invited to participate in P&E programs and activities. The purpose of the MFBF P&E Committee is to:
- Promote and assist with centralizing resources that will inspire and equip Montana Farm Bureau members to convey the significance of agriculture.
- Provide ongoing training of agriculture advocates that will utilize the resources and help disperse that information.
- Assist with continuing agricultural education.
MFBF P&E Committee Goals:
- To assist and utilize the work of the American Farm Bureau P&E Committee and the American Farm Bureau Foundation.
- To assist the work of the Montana Farm Bureau Foundation and promote agricultural education awareness.
- To promote positive and accurate agricultural conversations with consumers.
- To assist in providing information pertinent to current agricultural issues, regulations, products, and procedures.
- Promote the Montana Brands of Food & Fiber
|Name:||County FB: ||District:|
|Margaret Poole||Northwest||District 1|
|Marti Laknar-Shields||Southwest||District 2|
|Mary Hill||Judith Basin||District 3|
|Anna Berg||Fergus||District 3|
|Mayzie Cremer||Sweetgrass||District 4|
|Bonita Cremer||Sweetgrass||District 4 - Chair|
|John Olson||Powder River-Carter||District 5|
|Kimberly Gibbs||Custer-Fallon||District 5|
|Kyra Hagberg||Richland||District 6|
|Keturah Moberg||Richland||District 6|
|Joy DePuydt||Phillips||District 7|
|John Walker||Valley||District 7|
|Jim Dusenberry||Lewis & Clark||District 9|
|Loretta Burnham||Lewis & Clark||District 9|
|Patricia Soares||Gallatin||District 10|
|Heidi Brewer||Gallatin||District 10|
The Think F.A.S.T. (Farm & Ag Safety Training) program is an initiative from Farm Bureau designed to address on-farm safety concerns for youth. The program materials are free to members and non-members and are tailored for audiences 14-17 years old. This program focuses on general safety, leadership and critical thinking skills applied to technical and agriculture-specific situations.
The program includes 10 modules that take 10 minutes each to complete, along with follow-up quizzes. There is both online self-paced and in-person direct instruction options for Core Safety Skills and Technical Safety Skills.
Download the Curriculum Guide for Classroom and Workshop Settings here and view the modules here.
Farm State of Mind:
If you or someone you know is struggling with anxiety, depression or another mental health challenge, you are not alone. Check out the Farm State of Mind resources and follow #FarmStateofMind on social media to show your support. A healthy farm or ranch is nothing without a healthy you.
Connecting to Agriculture - Online Digital Resources
MSU Ag Producer Stress Clearinghouse