Promotion & Education
The Montana Farm Bureau Federation Promotion & Education (P&E) Committee includes both men and women farmers and ranchers, agricultural business professionals, and persons invested in agriculture. Individuals are invited to participate in P&E programs and activities. The purpose of the MFBF P&E Committee is to:
- Promote and assist with centralizing resources that will inspire and equip Montana Farm Bureau members to convey the significance of agriculture.
- Provide ongoing training of agriculture advocates that will utilize the resources and help disperse that information.
- Assist with continuing agricultural education.
MFBF P&E Committee Goals:
- To assist and utilize the work of the American Farm Bureau P&E Committee and the American Farm Bureau Foundation.
- To assist the work of the Montana Farm Bureau Foundation and promote agricultural education awareness.
- To promote positive and accurate agricultural conversations with consumers.
- To assist in providing information pertinent to current agricultural issues, regulations, products, and procedures.
- Promote the Montana Brands of Food & Fiber
The Think F.A.S.T. (Farm & Ag Safety Training) program is an initiative from Farm Bureau designed to address on-farm safety concerns for youth. The program materials are free to members and non-members and are tailored for audiences 14-17 years old. This program focuses on general safety, leadership and critical thinking skills applied to technical and agriculture-specific situations.
The program includes 10 modules that take 10 minutes each to complete, along with follow-up quizzes. There is both online self-paced and in-person direct instruction options for Core Safety Skills and Technical Safety Skills.
Farm State of Mind:
If you or someone you know is struggling with anxiety, depression or another mental health challenge, you are not alone. Check out the Farm State of Mind resources and follow #FarmStateofMind on social media to show your support. A healthy farm or ranch is nothing without a healthy you.