The Montana Farm Bureau Federation announces its ‘Ag in Color’ Drawing Contest, part of their Montana Youth (MY) Agriculture Literacy program. This well-established drawing contest is now open for 2020. Ag in Color’ drawing contest consists of seven entry categories and is designated for students in kindergarten through sixth grade.
Entry categories include areas specific to Montana Agriculture:
- Kindergarten – Farm Animals in Montana
- Grade 1 – Grown in Montana
- Grade 2 – Grains of Montana
- Grade 3 – Cattle of Montana
- Grade 4 – Noxious Weeds in Montana
- Grade 5 – Safety on Montana’s Farms and Ranches
- Grade 6 – Ag-Related Careers in Montana
One winner will be chosen from each category and judges will select one drawing from the winners to receive the “Farm Bureau Proud” designation. Montana Farm Bureau will host the winning artists and their families at an awards luncheon in Helena March 2020. Winners and their families will tour the capitol city and meet with state dignitaries prior to the luncheon.
The ‘Ag in Color’ drawing contest is open to all students and educators across Montana. Entries must be submitted to the County Superintendent who in turn will submit county winners to Montana Farm Bureau for consideration.