MFBF Eastern Regional Manager Position Opening
Montana Farm Bureau Regional Manager Position Description
The regional manager will reside in a designated region in northeast Montana and serve the following county Farm Bureaus: Phillips, Valley, Roosevelt, McCone, Richland, Dawson/Wibaux, and Prairie. The regional manager’s basic function will be to surface, provide training, counsel county leaders, and assist them in planning, developing and implementing programs and activities to promote membership growth and carry out the policies of the county, state and American Farm Bureaus.
1. Surface, provide training and counsel potential county Farm Bureau leaders.
2. Provide training, advice, and assist individual leaders in the planning and execution of programs and activities of county Farm Bureaus.
3. Plan and facilitate district training meetings.
4. Promote attendance at Farm Bureau multi-county and state meetings.
5. Attend county board meetings and other county meetings as needed.
6. Serve as a liaison between the state and county Farm Bureaus.
7. Assist county Farm Bureaus in achieving membership quota goals through recruitment and retention of members.
8. Promote and facilitate a working relationship between counties and affiliated services.
9. Educate and update county leaders and affiliated company field personnel on Farm Bureau history, philosophy, activities and member services.
10. Serve as coordinator for designated Commodity Advisory Committees.
11. Perform other duties as directed by the Executive Vice President.
ROLE OF REGIONAL MANAGER:
The regional manager is a trainer and facilitator, an organizer, a coordinator and a liaison. They are educators and sources of information. They give assistance, encouragement and support to volunteer leaders.
The regional manager provides information and training to county presidents, county directors, county committee members and other leaders, which enables volunteers to perform their leadership duties successfully. It is not their duty or responsibility to perform the task, but to provide the tools and guidance to involved members who then carry out the various job functions.
Developing strong and active county Farm Bureaus is one of the primary functions of the staff. To achieve the objective, county Farm Bureau leaders and members must have the best information and assistance available. Regional managers serve as a valuable resource to the county Farm Bureau leadership.
Montana Farm Bureau’s vision is leading Montana toward a future with a prosperous agriculture economy and thriving rural communities. MFBF’s team is passionate, collaborative and high-achieving, and our regional managers play a critical role in furthering the goals of the organization. The ideal regional manager candidate is a strong communicator, relationship builder, and problem solver. They work well independently, but also thrive in a team setting. They possess a positive and open-minded outlook and are deeply passionate about agriculture and rural Montana.
Compensation is negotiable commensurate with experience and a comprehensive benefits package is offered.
If interested, please email your resume to email@example.com.
You may also call 406-587-3153 with any questions or concerns you have regarding the position.
Want more news on this topic? Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!