HIRING: Strategic Digital Communications Lead
Position Opening, Montana Farm Bureau Federation, Strategic Digital Communications Lead
SUMMARY: The Strategic Digital Communications Lead promotes and proliferates Montana Farm Bureau’s core values and key initiatives through strategic, proactive, and engaging stories shared through the organization’s digital communications channels. This individual works collaboratively with the organization’s other staff members to brainstorm and develop new ideas for telling the Farm Bureau story. Montana Farm Bureau Federation is the voice for Montana agriculture; this team member crafts the voice behind the voice. This position is a full-time position based out of the MFBF office in Bozeman.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Create and manage Montana Farm Bureau’s daily social media content calendar, manage social media channel strategy, monitor metrics and report results.
- Lead content creation for Montana Farm Bureau’s digital communication channels, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, blog and website.
- Analyze traffic and report on key performance indicators, including engagement and exposure each month.
- Compose timely, engaging and original copy and create visual graphics for Montana Farm Bureau website, blog, social media channels and print materials as needed. Coordinate with Director of Media Relations and Publications to craft strategic, cohesive messaging across print and digital platforms.
- Monitors innovations in electronic communications and reports on these developments, pushing the team forward in new channels, ideas, and outreach.
- Supports the organization’s content strategy by producing written, digital, video and audio stories, press releases as well as providing photography and social media content.
- Develops video content and graphics as needed
- Maintains digital photo library of Montana Farm Bureau events and organizes digital assets
- Serves as staff photographer and videographer and represents Montana Farm Bureau at state and county events as media personnel, in coordination with Director of Media Relations and Publications.
- Secondary responsibilities:
- Conducts social media workshops and trainings for county Farm Bureau leaders as needed.
- Assists in proofreading news releases and written publications.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suites, including Photoshop, InDesign, Lightroom, Premiere or Rush to produce engaging digital elements.
- Knowledge and experience in social media, video, graphic design and other digital communication platforms.
- Write clear, engaging prose for publication with a journalistic approach and integrity.
- A working knowledge of emerging media.
- Knowledge of agriculture and timely agricultural issues.
- For more information or to submit a resume contact Diana Bailey, Executive Secretary/CFO, email@example.com.
Want more news on this topic? Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!