The Montana Farm Bureau Summer Conference’s theme “United for Agriculture.” will cover a variety of subjects ranging from leadership to new technology June 6-8 at Fairmont Hot Springs. The Summer Conference is a time when advisory committees meet to discuss current agricultural issues and concerns, and surface ideas for policy development.
Tuesday, June 6
8:00 AM Foundation Board of Directors Meeting
9:30 AM-3PM MFBF Board of Directors Meeting
12:00 noon Registration Opens
3:30 PM Young Farmer & Rancher Committee Meeting
3:30 PM Women’s Leadership Committee Meeting
Wednesday, June 7
7:30 AM Registration Opens
8:30 AM General Session
- Opening Address: President Hans McPherson
- Keynote Speaker: Sarah Brown Dirkes, AFBF (invited)
- Closing Remarks: John Youngberg, Exec. Vice President
10:00 AM Coffee Break
10:30 AM Informational Sessions
- Tuberculosis Update - Dr. Marty Zaluski, State Vet;
- Aquatic Invasive Species Plan, TBD
- Starting a Movement, Lori Shaw, Colstrip United
- That can’t happen here…can it?, Paul Koehler, retired Monsanto executive
- Ag Drone Technology, Dave Chinadle
- Benefits of DNA Testing Your Herd, Austin Buzanowski, Zoetis
10:30/1:30/3:30 Montana Ag Safety Program Training
12:00 noon Lunch
- Keynote Speaker: Ben Thomas, MT Dept. of Ag Director
1:30 PM Advisory Committee Business Meetings
3:00 PM Coffee Break
3:30 PM Advisory Committee Business Meetings
3:30 PM Promotion & Education Committee Meeting
6:00 PM MFB Foundation’s “Summer Nights” Fundraiser
Dress up in black tie and blue jeans or your favorite cocktail dress and join us for a great time while raising money for a great cause. Picture white lights on a summer night, fine dining, music and socializing with your Farm Bureau friends...all while supporting ag education and youth leadership development. There will be a professional photographer on hand to take portraits of you and your spouse or significant other, for a small donation of course, so that you can capture this evening that you won’t want to forget.
Thursday, June 8
7:00 AM MFBF Board of Directors Meeting
8:30 AM Tour bus departs
- Tour stops:
- Clark Fork River Restoration Project – Visit the Lampert Ranch and the Dry Cottonwood Creek Ranch where representatives will be on hand to talk about a SARE funded irrigation project along with the history of the Clark Fork River clean-up, what has been done and why they’re doing it. The Dry Cottonwood Creek Ranch Manager will also talk about cover crops and switching from flood to pivot irrigation through NRCS EQIP.
- Red Eye Rodeo Stock Contractor
- Grant-Kohrs Ranch
9:00 AM Golfers tee off at Fairmont Golf Course
- Includes eighteen holes of golf, a cart, lunch, refreshments and great prizes.
Want more news on this topic? Montana Farm Bureau members may subscribe for a free email news service, featuring the farm and rural topics that interest them most!