Read the latest news from the Montana Farm Bureau Federation AgNews Wire:
The Cascade County Farm Bureau will host a candidates’ forum at 6 p.m., Feb. 27, in the Exhibition Hall at Montana ExpoPark in Great Falls. Nine gubernatorial candidates have committed including Larry Jent (D), Jim Lynch (R), Rick Hill ( R), Neil Livingstone ( R), Jim O’Hara ( R), Corey Stapleton (R), Robert Fanning (R), […] Continue reading . . .
The Montana Farm Bureau (MFB) is offering two Women’s Leadership Committee (WLC) Scholarships for $500 each and the Montana Farm Bureau Foundation’s Bernard Greufe Scholarship for $500. Scholarship applicants will be judged on scholastic achievement, goals, community activities and school activities. The Bernard Greufe Scholarship application must be in to the MFB Foundation by April […] Continue reading . . .
The Montana Farm Bureau is hosting a comprehensive two-day campaign school March 29-30 at the Red Lion Inn in Helena. Topics include how to evaluate your candidacy, how to plan a campaign strategy, selecting campaign themes, how to create an effective organization and how to manage your money as well as manage your campaign. This […] Continue reading . . .
The Montana Farm Bureau is urging anyone with on-farm fuel storage to comply with the Environmental Protection Agency’s new regulations under the Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasures (SPCC) program. The SPCC is a program working to prevent oil spills from reaching the waters and adjoining shorelines of the United States. “Farmers and ranchers need to […] Continue reading . . .
The American Farm Bureau Federation (AFBF) is urging congressional members to oppose legislation that would restrict the use of antibiotics in livestock and poultry. Pending bills H.R. 965 (House) and S. 1211 (Senate) would remove specific antibiotics and classes of antibiotics that are important for use in animals from the market. In letters to Senate […] Continue reading . . .
By Stewart Truelsen, American Farm Bureau Federation According to Phil Lempert, best known as the Supermarket Guru, “Farmers are becoming the latest food celebrities.” He goes so far as to predict that celebrity chefs are out, celebrity farmers are in. Lempert is an astute food industry observer, journalist and trend watcher. He created a virtual […] Continue reading . . .
The American Farm Bureau Federation today strongly criticized a bill pushed by the Humane Society of the United States and the United Egg Producers to implement an agreement they reached to replace decades of science-based animal care practices with strict government control. The flawed legislation, H.R. 3798, introduced by Rep. Kurt Schrader (D-Ore.), would set […] Continue reading . . .
HONOLULU — The American Farm Bureau Federation (AFBF) wrapped up its Annual Meeting Jan. 10 in Honolulu with voting delegates setting policy on a variety of issues, with the farm bill topping the list. In approving the organization’s farm policy for 2012, the farmers and ranchers endorsed a multi-pronged policy proposal, including a provision for […] Continue reading . . .
Honolulu –Seth Broesder, the winner of the Montana Farm Bureau Young Farmer and Rancher Discussion Meet, traveled to Honolulu, HI to compete in the national YF&R Discussion Meet. Broesder successfully made it to the Sweet Sixteen round of the event. The Discussion Meet simulates a committee meeting in which active discussion and participation are expected. […] Continue reading . . .
America’s farmers and ranchers are more productive than ever and are providing a solid economic foundation for our nation, according to Bob Stallman, president of the American Farm Bureau Federation. “We are the 1 percent that is producing food and fiber for the other 99 percent,” Stallman declared in his annual address to the approximately […] Continue reading . . .